Security and Privacy
Privacy and Security Policy
Coastal Hampers (ABN 6177 561 1404) (Coastal Hampers or our or we) is in the business of gourmet food, wine, pamper and baby gift baskets and hampers for consumers, businesses and events and associated goods and/or services. This Policy governs how Coastal Hampers will deal with your personal information collected in connection with the Services. This Policy also applies to Personal Information collected by Coastal Hampers in connection with its website, social media accounts, applications, software and online platforms, as well as in connection with any direct communication between you and Coastal Hampers. By continuing to use the Online Platforms and the Services, you consent to Coastal Hampers using your Personal Information in accordance with this policy. Coastal Hampers uses third parties located locally in addition to its own resources to provide these Services.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect Personal Information that allows us to identify who an individual is and share Personal Information.The type of information we may collect includes:
- Personal Information – We may collect personal details such as an individual’s name, location, allowing us to identify who the individual is;
- Contact Information – We collect information such as an individual’s email address, telephone number, third-party user names, residential, business and postal address and other information that allows us to contact the individual;
- Financial Information – We collect financial information such as any bank or credit card details used to transact with us and other information that allows us to transact with the individual and/or provide them with our Services;
- Statistical Information – We collect behavioural and statistical information about an individual and businesses in connection with the Services and/or the Online Platforms.
- to provide our Services
- to communicate with you, including about our Services and offers which might interest you
- to provide you with information or advice
- to process payments by or to you in connection with our Services
- to create accounts, tax invoices or receipts
- to provide your Personal Information to third parties in order for them to supply the Services to you
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you
- We may disclose additional purposes for collection of your Personal Information in collection statements at the point of collection
WHEN PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED & DISCLOSED
- We will not use any Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it was collected other than with the individual’s permission.
- Subject to clause 13, we will not sell an individual’s Personal Information to unrelated third parties.
- where we reasonably believe that an individual may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should be made aware of
- as required by any law (including the Privacy Act and GDPR)
- in order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer Personal Information to a new owner)
OPTING “IN” OR “OUT”
- An individual may opt to not have us collect their Personal Information. This may prevent us from offering them some or all of our services and may terminate their access to some or all of the services they access with or through us. They will be aware of this when the Privacy Principals apply to us:
- Opt In. Where the individual will have the right to choose to have information collected and/or receive information from us; or
- Opt Out. Where relevant, the individual will have the right to choose to exclude himself or herself from some or all collection of information and/or receiving information from us. If an individual believes that they have received information from us that they did not opt in or out to receive, they should contact us on 0432 199 739. or email. firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE SAFETY & SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases.
- If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
- We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information.We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with any purpose, including to overseas cloud computing hosts.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your Personal Information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information.
- We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose an individual’s Personal Information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws).
- The collection and use of an individual’s information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.If an individual suspects any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, their Personal Information, they should let us know immediately.
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of another person’s use of the Personal Information where we were authorised to provide that person with the Personal Information
If you would like us to update or amend your Personal Information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
If you would like us to provide copies to you of your Personal Information which we hold, please contact us and we will comply with your request to the extent required by law.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that Personal Information we hold is not improperly accessed.
- Third party services should have their own privacy and security policies which we encourage you to read before supplying any Personal Information to them.
- If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
- You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below).
- You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
- If we have a dispute regarding an individual’s Personal Information, we both must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
- If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information we will inform them at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
If you are:
- A resident of the European Union accessing our Online Platforms or receiving our Services in Australia; or
- accessing our Online Platforms or receiving our Services from within the European Union,
- then in addition to our obligations under the Privacy Act, Coastal Hampers is required to comply with the GDPR with respect to your Personal Information.